The two tanks I'd already finished weren't eligible, so I whipped up another that met the contest guidelines. The focus of the contest is to use embellishment to make a simple look interesting and fabulous. I decided to go back to my original inspiration and cut my applied bindings, as well as to use a flatlock stitch again on the seams.
If you're a member of Pattern Review, please consider voting for me! Only if you think mine is the best, of course. And if you don't...then remember that a vote for someone else is a vote against me ;)
The flatlock worked a LOT better on this version, so I've concluded that a beefier fabric is needed for that kind of stitch. I love how the ladders look like an imitation of the pattern on the fabric.
This was a fun make, and unless the contest required embellishment I'm sure I would have chickened out on cutting the bindings (again). So thank you, Pattern Review, for pushing me!