I'll keep this post short and sweet since I've already discussed the pattern so many times (here, here, here).
The fabric is an amazing modal/cotton/spandex from Girl Charlee, and I've had it for about two years. It's crazy soft and I've suffered from pattern-paralysis ever since I got it. Luckily, the Coastal Breeze pattern is so fool-proof that I've been able to finally sew up a lot of fabrics I love.
The tricky part is that I only had 1 yard, which was juuuuuuuust enough for the bodice and skirt.
Talk about cutting it close! For the waistband and neckband, I used up the last of my scraps from this little black dress. It's also a modal knit and the weight is similar, so it was a perfect match. Sadly, on the close-up you can see that the fabric is pilling already. This photo is overexposed a bit so it stands out more here than in real life. I hate pilling, booooo!
I adore this dress and wear it a lot, just like my other Coastal Breezes. And now I know that I can get a whole dress from 1 yard, if I use another fabric for the waist and neck. Hooray!